You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘meme’ category.
1. Something I swore I’d never do, but I ended up doing anyway is wear wedges. I had always thought they were ugly. I was right .
2. Something I’ve always wanted to do is live in Spain for a couple of months.
3. Something I had absolutely no desire to ever do is smoke.
4. The best thing I ever did was decide to not be afraid to make my own way.
5. When it comes to trying new things, I am usually up for the challenge.
6. One thing I’ve never done is any kind of illicit drug – not even pot.
7. My favorite thing to do is snuggle.
*Meme from the little things we do.
2. I am determined to reach my goals.
3. I can’t stand rude people because there’s never an excuse.
4. My idea of relaxation would be knitting while catching up on my favorite TV shows.
5. If I had an extra $50, I would put it toward a belated birthday present to me – a nice watch to replace the one I broke.
6. The best thing about a bloggy friend is the sweet encouragement and support from people I haven’t met in person. They just add to the joy in my life.
7. A recipe I’ve been dying to try is make my own cheese.
*Meme from the little things we do.
I’m trusting that showing up will lead to more opportunities and making new traditions will break some bad family habits.
I’m grateful for: old friends, new friends, cracker-sized pieces of cheese, eye masks, gingerbread ornaments, fun arguments with my brother and sister, and a round-trip ticket to Colombia.
I’m inspired by the vulnerability of a few.
1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? It will be my parents, sister, and brother at my house for dinner.
2. What are you most thankful for this year? Safety. Health. New experiences. The self-confidence and assurance that grows within me each new year.
3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? The football? Long naps? My dad will always complain that the food is not ready at 10am. I always banish him to the den and television until the food is ready. After eating any meal together at my house, we always congregate to my huge sectional. My sister and I are working on starting traditions around every major holiday since we didn’t really have any growing up. This year we’re bringing back Uno. We’re going to work a family breakfast in to keep my dad from grumbling from hunger. I have a feeling that later on (once more kids are present) a family soccer game will be part of the day.
4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish? Stuffing and separate.
5. Do you cook? Yes – especially since everyone comes to my house now.
6. What is your favorite dish? I love most potato dishes the best. And bread.
7. What is your dessert preference? Pumpkin pie! I want to try pear tarts this year.
8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory? 2008. It was right before I closed on my house, so I was in an especially good mood.
9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday? Never.
10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year? I’m just dreading having to go back to work the next day.
***Meme from Roots and Rings***
- Great job evaluation
- Saturday lunch with a friend
- Sunday lunch with the family
- 4 day weekend after 6 straight shifts
- Cool front
- Drinks with co-workers after a long stretch at work
1. What is your dream vacation? I would love to live abroad for a year or two. Maybe Spain?
2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life? For experience , spending 3 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand. For relaxation, spending 5 days in Bermuda.
3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why? Cruise! I’ve never been, and we (four of us) have mentioned it as our next reunion. I personally would prefer a Mediterranean or Alaskan cruise.
4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go? I’ve only ever purchased plane tickets and reserved hotel rooms online. So…fine?
5. What’s your favorite thing to do while on vacation? I love slow mornings and big breakfasts. If I’m traveling somewhere exotic, I make sure to eat with the locals.
6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret? No. I almost said no to Vietnam/Thailand because of some scheduling issues. So glad I made it work!
7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything. What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Ice. I can’t stand lukewarm drinks.
8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories? Eating a simple lunch in a gazebo with a gorgeous Bermudan view. A morning walk around a city in Vietnam before the quiet became bedlam.
9. All included resort or backpacking? Why? Backpacking. I think there’s more freedom and more experiences to be found when you stay away from resorts and tours. I had so much more fun in Vietnam where we winged it then in Thailand when we were part of a group tour.
10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights? I’d rather see everything I can see as long as I don’t have to get up early. And I hate lying on beaches. Even in Bermuda, I walked the beach, enjoyed the water, then returned to our beautiful house overlooking the beach. There I could sit outside and enjoy the same breeze and view without the sandy mess.
****Meme from Roots and Rings.
1. One of life’s most simple pleasures is sleeping in.
2. A reckless driver makes me want to punch someone.
3. I like blanks, because they leave room for more.
4. Panini is a funny word.
5. If I had to use one beauty product for the rest of eternity, it would be serum.
6. I’m happy that I don’t work tomorrow.
7. I would never belittle your dreams.
***the little things we do***
1. The last movie I saw was Dakota Skye – a cute indie film about a 17-year-old girl cursed with the superpower of being able to see the truth in any lie she is told. One day she meets a boy who never seems to lie…
2. I want to visit a college friend who will be a 5-hour drive from me this summer instead of the usual 10.
3. Surprises are not always a friend, but not always an enemy.
4. The best accessory is your hair.
5. My favorite warm drink is hot chocolate.
6. My favorite cold drink is Arizona green tea.
7. Currently loving my blooming lily pad, Freaks and Geeks on Teen Nick, Battlestar Galactica on Netflix’s Instant Watch, and that the last Harry Potter movie and the 5th book in the Song of Ice and Fire series comes out next month,
1. If I could get away somewhere for the weekend I would go meet up with my college friends and I would bring a smile, a good book (for the flight), and cute shoes. My dream weekend comes true next Friday when I fly into D.C. to meet with my three best girlfriends before going to Bermuda!
2. Something I often rant about is immature people , work, and immature people at work.
3. One item I need to have in my fridge at all times is juice.
4. My “life-saving” product is Exedrin Migraine.
5. A friend is someone who doesn’t need me to fill in the blanks.
6. If I could write my own blank, it would be
The secret to a happy life is _________________.
7. My favorite kind of art is portrait photography. I love staring into someone’s face.
*Meme from the little things we do.