I had the lovely surprise of being nominated for the Versatile Blog Award by the pretty fucking fabulous Fabulous RN – the latest addition to my blog feed. Thank you! Fab focuses on those special moments and victories that only fellow nurses can truly understand. Sharing them with civilians usually results in a skeptical or horrified look. Sometimes skeptically horrified. Those are the best.
With great honor comes great responsibility. All nominees are to do the following:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen blogs to let them know about the award.
Here are seven more things about me:
1. If you ask me if I smell something, I usually don’t.
2. I always order the Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden. Even if it’s just to go.
3. The tip of my right ring finger is slightly crooked from a basketball accident.
4. I don’t like tartar sauce.
5. My blood type is O positive. I’m a giver.
6. I shiver uncontrollably when I’m completely exhausted. Everything is also very beautiful or very funny. Either way I end up crying.
7. White lights. Forever and ever. Amen.
Now, without further ado, here are my nominations:
1. A Work in Progress. This is the first blogger I considered my blog friend. We will meet someday. She’s a fellow nurse and an all-around amazing lady with the most adorable kids. And she just beasted another half-marathon!
2. Head Nurse. She is the nurse I want to be when I grow up.
3. The Bloggess. She’s all the right kinds of crazy.
4. Zen Habits. I like a little balance with my crazy.
5. You Can’t Call It It. Because I find names fascinating.
6. Smart Pretty and Awkward. Tips on how to be smarter, prettier, and (less) awkward. Sometimes I need all the help I can get.
7. Crass-Pollination: An ER blog. Nurse K is the shit. That is all.
8. The Stay-at-Home Feminist Mom. She’s always good for a laugh and/or some righteous anger.
9. A Cup of Jo. A sweet lifestyle blog.
10. Gala Darling. She exudes pink positivity. I read her mostly for the links she shares. And yes. That’s her real name.
11. Dooce. I think this is the first blog that I started reading. And still read.
12. Ordinary Courage. I first discovered Brene Brown through her TED talk. Her observations about vulnerability really hit home with me. One of my most earth-shaking revelations in my early 20’s was the simple truth that I could not shield myself from feeling bad without also creating a barrier against the good.
13. Smaggle. I love her “Why Don’t You..?” posts.
14. Reasoning With Vampires. I share this with all of the Twilight fans in my life. Yes. I’m that person.
15. Quiet: The Power of Introverts. We are here. Hear us … speak softly yet powerfully.
Go forth and read.