1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? It will be my parents, sister, and brother at my house for dinner.
2. What are you most thankful for this year? Safety. Health. New experiences. The self-confidence and assurance that grows within me each new year.
3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? The football? Long naps? My dad will always complain that the food is not ready at 10am. I always banish him to the den and television until the food is ready. After eating any meal together at my house, we always congregate to my huge sectional. My sister and I are working on starting traditions around every major holiday since we didn’t really have any growing up. This year we’re bringing back Uno. We’re going to work a family breakfast in to keep my dad from grumbling from hunger. I have a feeling that later on (once more kids are present) a family soccer game will be part of the day.
4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish? Stuffing and separate.
5. Do you cook? Yes – especially since everyone comes to my house now.
6. What is your favorite dish? I love most potato dishes the best. And bread.
7. What is your dessert preference? Pumpkin pie! I want to try pear tarts this year.
8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory? 2008. It was right before I closed on my house, so I was in an especially good mood.
9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday? Never.
10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year? I’m just dreading having to go back to work the next day.
***Meme from Roots and Rings***