1. What is your dream vacation? I would love to live abroad for a year or two. Maybe Spain?
2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life? For experience , spending 3 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand. For relaxation, spending 5 days in Bermuda.
3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why? Cruise! I’ve never been, and we (four of us) have mentioned it as our next reunion. I personally would prefer a Mediterranean or Alaskan cruise.
4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go? I’ve only ever purchased plane tickets and reserved hotel rooms online. So…fine?
5. What’s your favorite thing to do while on vacation? I love slow mornings and big breakfasts. If I’m traveling somewhere exotic, I make sure to eat with the locals.
6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret? No. I almost said no to Vietnam/Thailand because of some scheduling issues. So glad I made it work!
7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything. What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Ice. I can’t stand lukewarm drinks.
8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories? Eating a simple lunch in a gazebo with a gorgeous Bermudan view. A morning walk around a city in Vietnam before the quiet became bedlam.
9. All included resort or backpacking? Why? Backpacking. I think there’s more freedom and more experiences to be found when you stay away from resorts and tours. I had so much more fun in Vietnam where we winged it then in Thailand when we were part of a group tour.
10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights? I’d rather see everything I can see as long as I don’t have to get up early. And I hate lying on beaches. Even in Bermuda, I walked the beach, enjoyed the water, then returned to our beautiful house overlooking the beach. There I could sit outside and enjoy the same breeze and view without the sandy mess.
****Meme from Roots and Rings.