You are currently browsing the daily archive for January 11, 2011.
1. Is there a band/artist that you HATE?
Miley Cyrus – if she can be considered an artist.
2. What do you do when you get a gift that you do not like? How do you react?
I’m very particular about the things I buy for myself. I don’t like useless things that take up space. Most gifts I receive fall into that category, however well-meaning. I still always appreciate the gesture, so I can be thankful for that. I never let the people know how I really feel about the item. I make sure they know how I feel about them. And then I give the gift to someone who will like it or donate it to Goodwill.
3. How is your work office/cubicle decorated?
My work office is a large station that I share with at least 10-15 people at any given time. There is no real attempt at decor except for the occasional plants that show up.
4. Do you use all of your vacation every year?
Ha. That and any PTO time I accrue. Let’s just say that in one year I took off about two months.
5. Did you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
Real. And it’s still up sans decorations. We’ll take it down this week. (My Christmas lights are still up, too. Baby, it’s cold outside.)
6. If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would it be?
Shrimp. I’ll have a bowl of cereal instead.
7. Do you bite your fingernails?
Occasionally. It happens when I’m spaced out reading.
8. How many cups of coffee do you drink each day?
I average zero cups of coffee a day.
9. Do you have a nervous tick?
Yes. I have a horrible habit of pulling at my lip that I developed around the time I quit biting my nails regularly.
10. How often do you vacuum?
I have no carpet in my house except for a small office. It is embarrassing how infrequently that gets vacuumed. I vacuum between the couch cushions every month or so. I sweep a lot due to my hairy dogs. I want one of those heavy-duty pet Roombas so bad. Now that would be an awesome (and pricey) gift.
***Meme from Roots and Rings