You are currently browsing the daily archive for December 11, 2010.
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
1. Unnecessary stress – The biggest source of stress in my life is my job. I’m looking for other opportunities. I’m also tightening my budget and trimming my expenses.
2. Draining friendships – I need to drop the people who only take.
3. Clutter – If I don’t have a use for it, trash it or donate.
4. Mindless television – Turn it off. I’m considering getting rid of cable.
5. Lack of exercise – Make it a priority.
6. Fast food - Just say no.
7. Drama – Avoid it when possible.
8. Extra weight - Just a bit extra that exercising and better eating habits will take care of without me having to work too hard.
9. Debt - I have a house, a car, and school that I’m still paying off. That’s enough debt for me. I want to redo my kitchen and bathrooms (they are old), but I won’t until I have the cash saved for it.
10. Loneliness – Don’t get me wrong. I have family and friends. I just want to reach out more this coming year.
11. Procrastination – The sneaky bastard behind it all.
Getting rid of these things would be a major advance in my happiness project. I can’t imagine any negative consequences.